WyrdOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Campaign and League changes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

Campaign and League changes Empty
PostSubject: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Sorry if anyone was disappointed in the changes last night. But I thought them to be necessary. I honestly felt bad for people showing up and never playing having to wait for other battles to happen first. I felt pretty good about last night with 7 of us there and 3 tables actually playing instead of people standing around and watching two guys fight.

Mike and I have been having a e-mail discussion back and forth at work today regarding this and I'd like to bring this discussion to the group so I'm pasting it hear. Lets discuss and try and come up with some ideas maybe.

Or current discussion follows (sorry for the length and it's backwards of course Smile ):

Mike:
I don’t really like the whole campaign point’s idea; I was hoping the last scenario would be a bloodbath eliminating most of the warbands.

One thing I thought that would be really interesting is to have everyone play through till the end, gaining xp and loot as they go. After the final scenario (which would be the pit, palace, anything else important that you want it to be) we can declare a champion based on things like highest warband rating, best hero, most victories, etc…

The champion warband could be used in the next campaign as the top dawg all the other warbands are gunning for. We could even have campaign champions face off and have a Super Bowl type of thing.

Thoughts?

Ryan:
http://www.flameon.co.uk/Vercuso_bellbookandcandle/Campaign_rules.pdf

There are 20-30 locations ranging in value from 1 to D6-3 with some having special rules and locations on a map.

What do you think?

Mike:
I’m supposed to play Dana on Thursday before the multi-player scenarios get rolling.

Lost Prince is fun from what I recall and I think two tables is the way to go.

Ryan:
A guy on Tom’s boring Mordheim forum does a Saratosa campaign that uses theoretical territories, and his campaigns look like really big successes. You should check them out, his name is Warboss Kurgan and they’re in the Battle Reports section. I’d maybe have to dig a bit to see how he runs them.

Giving bonuses later in the league/campaign could be neat and get some crazy stuff happening too.

Where you planning on getting a second game in? Greg is asking on the site if you want to play Sunday or Monday.

I’m probably just going to do lost prince scenario next week, and maybe get 2 tables going.. What do you think?

Mike:
Yeah it was definitely better. I still like the idea of a territory campaign but I think we need to sit down and balance out territories/design ways to get people fighting faster.

One thought I had was each week warbands are delving (just theoretically) deeper into the city so exploration and loot gets better the farther the campaign goes. You could have bonus rules like for each week the campaign has gone you can modify one dice by +1/-1 or something along those lines. That way you don’t have crazy stuff affecting early games but as people develop their bands and gain xp they could also start finding cool loot, etc…thoughts?

Alright, I’ll send the link to the site.

That went pretty good last night, hey? I liked seeing the amount of games going.
Back to top Go down
Veyure
Warrior
Veyure

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 pm

??? so what were the changes? hehe
Back to top Go down
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:19 pm

We're are ditching the map for now. So everyone can play instead of waiting on people to finish a game.
Back to top Go down
Veyure
Warrior
Veyure

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Ok, so just play people randomly as i want?
Back to top Go down
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:23 pm

You can get 2 games in before Thursday next week. On Thursday we'll be having a multiplayer with 2 tables going.

Yah, so no always fighting the person next to you. Just plan who you're going to play in advance using this site or in person.

I started this topic to see if anyone wanted to throw out some league ideas.
Back to top Go down
Stash
Youngblood

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 pm

I think a mix of theoretical territories with the important one is the city itself.

Theoretical territories would give you some kind of bonus like reroll one exploration dice per turn, or half price mercenaries.

Include the settlements, the pit, and any other important spots for territories to fight over in the multiplayer weeks.

When we play 1 on 1 games, we can challenge other players for control of a certain territory.
Back to top Go down
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 am

There's a link in my long post that is something like that. Some of the territories give bonuses and some are worth random points.

http://www.flameon.co.uk/Vercuso_bellbookandcandle/Campaign_rules.pdf

http://www.flameon.co.uk/Vercuso_bellbookandcandle/Location_reference_table.pdf

Of course if we decided to go with something like this we would make up our own special rules for locations. Besides these are Saratosa setting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign and League changes   Campaign and League changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Campaign and League changes
Page 1 of 1