WyrdOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warband Composition and Armour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xolan
Youngblood
Xolan

Warband Composition and Armour Empty
PostSubject: Warband Composition and Armour   Warband Composition and Armour EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey All....

It will be a while before I can play but I am currently planning an Middenheimer Warband.

The question I have is armour worth the investment? I will give you the list I am tossing around and please lemme know if it will get smashed or have a decent chance.

Captain - Morning Star, Shield, Hvy Armour, Helmet, Dagger
Champion - Axe, Dagger, Light Armour, Helmet (considering Brace of Dueling Pistol...if I can afford it)
Champion - Sword, Dagger, Shield, Hvy Armour, Helmet
Youngblood x2 - Dagger, 2-handed Weapon

Marksmen - Xbow, Dagger

Warlock

I have about 15G leftover....as before I had 2 marksmen....so I may downgrade a bit somewhere to get the dueling pistol brace....in particular, I am looking at the 2-h weapons for the Youngbloods....I may swap to a Spear each.

The idea is that the 2 heavy armour/sheild guys "lead the charge" and take the intial hits from the enemy....the youngbloods and 2 Axe/Dagger champ follow behind and "mop up". The marksmen pegs guys and tries to slow down the enemy advance....Warlock...kinda depends on the spells he gets.

However, from the builds I have see online, they tend of avoid armour. For example, if I dropped both sets of Hvy Armour, I could afford 2 more X-bow men.

What do you guys think? It armour worth the 50G investment at the start or should I get more dudes?
Back to top Go down
cam
Engineer
cam

PostSubject: Re: Warband Composition and Armour   Warband Composition and Armour EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 am

from what i remember you should never buy armor unless there is almost nothing else to spend money on. That is the general rule i use. At least make sure you have your warband up to the maximum number of dudes before you start dropping cash on armor. More guys = win
Back to top Go down
https://wyrdones.forumotion.com
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

PostSubject: Re: Warband Composition and Armour   Warband Composition and Armour EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Personnaly I'm a big fan of more men the better as well. But Tom had pretty decent success for awhile with low numbers of armoured guys. Tough at the start though. A string of critical hits can really ruin a low number, heavy armour warbands day.
Back to top Go down
Xolan
Youngblood
Xolan

PostSubject: Re: Warband Composition and Armour   Warband Composition and Armour EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Ya....I am starting to lean that way to now. I have built a couple Lists....and it is either....hvy armour or an extra X-bowman....lol.

I am still tossing around the idea of armouring my leader up, but I will see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warband Composition and Armour   Warband Composition and Armour Empty

Back to top Go down

Warband Composition and Armour
Page 1 of 1