WyrdOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Repeater Crossbow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Smackman
Youngblood
Smackman

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Can someone with a Repeater Crossbow and Quick Shot make 4 crossbow attacks in a turn? At -1 to each shot and it's only strength 3, but I thought I'd ask before I search for one.
Back to top Go down
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 pm

I can't check at the moment (at work), but you should go over the writing in the skill, and the writing of the weapon description. if it doesn't say you can't, they you can for sure. It is a repeater after all! Might want to check the FAQ as well just in case. But I think you should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Smackman
Youngblood
Smackman

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Well after hunting through the FAQ on http://www.mordheimer.com/articles/FAQ.htm#11._Experience

I found,

Q: The Quick Shot skill allows a model to fire twice per turn. Can a model armed with a sling and having the Quick Shot skill then fire four shots if they are less than half range?
A: No -the spec. rule and the skill do the same thing. They both change A into B, doing the same thing -end result is the same. No doubling doubles! [Tuomas, Mordheim Yahoo! eGroups' FAQ]

However there's nothing in the GW FAQ about it, I feel that this ruling may be appropriate, let me know what you think Ryan.
Back to top Go down
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 pm

You're right Tom. That FAQ answers it. No doubling doubles. And if Tuomas answered, we should probably go with it. He did, after all, write the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Stash
Youngblood

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Actually the quick shot skill lets you fire twice without the -1 penalty for shooting twice with the repeater crossbow rule.
Back to top Go down
Veyure
Warrior
Veyure

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Why not just buy a regular crossbow for cheaper if you have quickshot though...
Back to top Go down
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:02 pm

There's actually a debate going on about this at Tom's boring mordheim forum. The ignoring the -1 modifier was mentioned, but it turns out it was someones house rule. There is nothing documented for ingnoring the modifier.

I think Tuomas' answer from his group is the only clear answer on an FAQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Repeater Crossbow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeater Crossbow   Repeater Crossbow Empty

Back to top Go down

Repeater Crossbow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WyrdOnes :: Q & A and Rule Discussion-
Jump to: