WyrdOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disciples of Payne

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cam
Engineer
cam

Disciples of Payne Empty
PostSubject: Disciples of Payne   Disciples of Payne EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 am

Addressed the office of the Grand Theogonist if Sigmar

As planned our expedition arrived in the cursed city a fortnight past. In accordance with his orders, Captain Hellsbreach made contact with our brethren at the Temple of Sigmar. This has been a most beneficial arrangement to date, as their skilled healers have saved both the Captain and myself from grievous wounds on several occasions.

As you may have gathered, we have been blessed with innumerable foes unto which we deliver the cleansing fire of Sigmar. The cursed city crawls with evil, both blatant, and veiled under the guise of our fellow men. No one here is to be trusted.

As promised the monks provided us with the location of what is called "The Pit". Our first foray into this hellish den of evil brought us face to face with a rabble of possessed and mutants. We grimly put them to the flame, and drove them out of there holes. Though we inflicted heavy casualties upon them, i feel they will be back. There is something deeply evil about the place, and it is rife with wyrdstone.

Our patrols have resulted in a number of encounters with other factions, mostly human mercenaries. Though these are often men of the empire, it is easy to see that the wyrdstone they seek has left the taint of chaos upon them. To these afflicted souls we bring the cleansing flame of Sigmar, as is the wish of the Grand Theogonist.

The heavy fighting has taken a toll on our party. Brother Rack fell in battle barely a day after our arrival, dragged down and carried off by a massive and grotesque possessed warrior. Brother spite took a viscious leg wound that was so deep we feared he was lost. I believe we have the healing skills of the monks to thank for his recovery. He returned to our numbers yesterday, hungry to put the enemy to flame. The Captain was badly injured in the opening week of battle as well. He took a crushing blow to his left leg that put him out of action for several days. Despite the pain he refuses to be abed, and continues to lead us though it is uncertain he will ever fully recover. Hellsbreach is strong, and so far seems unaffected by the foul energies that saturate this place. I will continue to monitor him however, and at the first sign of taint, you can be assured i will do my duty.

The darkest news i send is of the death of Father Payne. Truly he was the fire within our souls, and his ranting oratory will be sorely missed. The short time he was here saw him grow in power qiuckly. All the power of Sigmar could not save him from the quarrel that found his throat however. Though father Payne is gone, we have decided to keep his name to honor his memory, and to keep our hatred strong. A priest from the temple has offered his services, and has been accompanying us on our patrols. Though he is capable, he does not possess the power of Payne, and is still relatively untested in battle.

As expected, there is no shortage of rabble to throw against our enemies. Fanatics are everywhere, and so long as we provide a weapon, and the promise of salvation, there is no limit to their number. For the most part, these men are half crazed by the horror they have seen. Life and death hold no meaning, and they welcome the opportunity to have their souls cleansed in violence against the enemies of Sigmar.

The good captain plans to make contact with the imperial stables. In his opinion our numbers could benefit greatly from access to mounts, and especially trained warhorses. I will continue to monitor the situation, and will report when able. It is most difficult to send word without drawing attention in this place, but your agent within the temple is most capable.

Sigmar be praised.
Back to top Go down
https://wyrdones.forumotion.com
gluvzer
Shadowlord
gluvzer

Disciples of Payne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Payne   Disciples of Payne EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 am

Nice, look forward to more.
Back to top Go down
cam
Engineer
cam

Disciples of Payne Empty
PostSubject: report   Disciples of Payne EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:10 am

Status\:

My Lord, i send grim tidings. I fear we have lost the pit to almost as soon as we took it. As I suspected it is indeed a powerful source of the corruption that plagues Mordheim. It is as if something within the catacombs is drawing the tainted to it, an entity of great power. Though we did not have time enough to do a proper hunt i am certain the arch enemy lurks within.

Captain Hellsbreach has a good tactical mind, but even his best planning and coordination could not prepare us for the onslaught that would follow our occupation of the ruins around the pit. The enemies of Sigmar are many, and we were pressed continuously for near 5 days before the Captain ordered us to withdraw. I was sickened by this display of weakness, but Hellsbreach remains untainted, and for now I will defer to his superior grasp of tactics.

The fighting tested both our conviction and metal. Many were found lacking, but those that persevered have grown mighty in their service to Sigmar. Though Hellsbreach is still hindered by his leg wound, he has become a fearsome sight to behold on the battlefield. He now wields a great hammer as if it were but a smithing mallet, striking with incredible speed and power from atop a great warhorse he has dubbed Emberstorm. The young priest continues to fight with us. Though his martial skills are somewhat lacking he makes up for it with fiery enthusiasm.

The bitterness of our defeat still lingers, but i have now seen the face of our true enemy here in Mordheim. The band of possessed that forced our withdrawal, is the same one that we initially rooted out on our arrival. With time to plan their counterattack, we were given a true glimpse of the dark power they are inflicted with.

As always i seek your wisdom in matters of purpose, but I believe that Sigmar has led us here to deliver cleansing flame to these twisted mockeries of his will.

Sigmar Protects.
Back to top Go down
https://wyrdones.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Disciples of Payne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Payne   Disciples of Payne Empty

Back to top Go down

Disciples of Payne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WyrdOnes :: Armory and Barracks :: "Let Me Tell You a Tale"-
Jump to: